Kerr Street Mission provides relief for the present and gives hope for the future to Oakville’s most vulnerable citizens. As a charitable Christian organization, we acknowledge that every person is created in the image of God and has inherent value and dignity. With the assistance of many community partners, KSM offers a number of programs to support children, youth, and low-income families. In all that we do, we strive to reflect Christ’s love through integrity, transparency, responsiveness, education and compassion.
Position Title: Area Director – Restore Halton
Reports to: Executive Director of Kerr Street Mission (KSM) and liaises with the Executive Director of Restore Canada on all matters pertaining to the Restore program and content.
The Area Director will lead the Restore Halton initiative. Working within the Kerr Street Mission mandate and the Restore Canada policies and care templates they continue to build and expand Restore Halton. Recruiting, training and providing leadership to Church Partners and their Care Coordinators and Care Planners will be critical to the success of the initiative.
In addition, the incumbent will be responsible for developing and managing the Area budget, leading local fundraising activities and evaluating program implementation and making recommendations to Restore Canada for program improvements.
Build support for the Restore Halton program in the Halton Region by:
• Engaging local churches to participate as Restore Church Partners
• Accepting, creating and managing opportunities to promote Restore Halton services throughout the community, including developing relationships with a wide range of community service agencies in order to access an effective support network for Restore clients
• Assists church partners, upon request, with recruitment of volunteers from their congregations
Deliver Restore Training Programs by:
• Scheduling, organizing and facilitating the Restore Foundations Course and elective workshops according to the curriculum provided
• Developing courses or other training for local Care Planners or Care Coordinators as local needs dictate
• Developing suggestions for modification of the Restore curricula in order to meet local conditions
• Providing ongoing mentoring, coaching and training of volunteer Care Planners and Care Coordinators
Direct Restore Halton Operations, Reporting and Program Evaluation by:
• Developing, submitting for approval, and implementing the operational plan for the Halton Area
• Developing and managing the area budget
• Responding on a timely basis to queries from Care Coordinators and Care Planners arising from their Restore activities
• Reporting to ED of KSM regarding progress towards all operational, local fundraising, and training goals
• Liaising with Restore Canada ED regarding program implementation and/or modification issues
• Establishing parameters for program evaluation with Church Partners and Care Planners and conducting evaluation on an agreed schedule
• Organizing and leading quarterly Care Planner meetings to ensure optimal program delivery and renewal
• Ensuring all Restore Policy & Procedure are followed
• Developing and updating the database of local helping agencies in order to support the activities of Care Coordinators and Care Planners
• Responsible for accuracy and comprehensiveness of all Halton entries in database
• Develop, submit for approval and implement the local fundraising plan annually
• Completion of post-secondary education, related to social services.
• Five or more years’ experience in a directly related position, including preparation and implementation of annual budgets, development of evaluation frameworks, etc.
• Three or more years’ experience in a supervisory capacity
• Proven strength in communication skills, ability to engage audiences and build program support
• Experience as a Trainer
• Frontline experience in a government program or in a “Not for Profit” agency
• Some experience in leading fundraising activities
• Ability to work independently and to know when to seek guidance on significant issues
• Mature understanding of compassion and commitment to caring for the poor and marginalized
• Experience with databases and Microsoft Office Suite
• Have own transportation and ability to travel regularly throughout Halton Region
A successful vulnerable sector police background check is a requirement and a pre-requisite along with a minimum of two references.
All employees must comply with the Mission, Vision and Core Values of Kerr Street Mission.