Kerr Street Ministries (KSM) provides relief for the present and gives hope for the future to Oakville’s most vulnerable citizens. As a charitable Christian organization we acknowledge that every person is created in the image of God and has inherent value and dignity. With the assistance of many community partners, KSM offers a number of programs to support children, youth, and low income families. In all that we do, we strive to reflect Christ’s love through integrity, transparency, responsiveness, education and compassion.
• Manage the reception area, phone calls and the welcoming of community members and visitors.
• Provide pertinent information about KSM’s Mission, programs and activities.
• Provide administrative support to program team.
• Provide administrative support for organization when needed.
• Respond to emergency situations in accordance with safety and security policies and procedures.
• Establish and maintain appropriate, professional relationships with KSM staff, business partners and clients.
• Receive donations (cash, gift cards, food items etc.) and provide donor support, recognition and communications
• Strong Interpersonal competencies and telephone manner.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated strong organizational and problem solving skills and an ability to work independently with high competing demands.
• Ability to exert patience during high-stress periods and situations.
• Demonstrated computer proficiency with MS office.
• Able to maintain high level of confidentiality as appropriate.
• Ability to respond to sensitive matters in a professional and compassionate manner.
• Maintain a professional appearance.
• Ability to speak other languages is a definite asset.
A successful vulnerable sector police background check is a requirement and a pre-requisite along with a minimum of two references.
All employees must comply with the Mission, Vision and Core Values of Kerr Street Ministries.